2017 application period is from January 1st through April 15.
Acceptance notifications will be sent out by May 10, 2017.
The Academy will be the last full week of June, (18-24).
- Co-educational, ages 12 – 16.
- Curriculum focuses on conservation, natural resource stewardship, and fly fishing essentials.
- Fly fishing classes include fly casting, fly tying, knot tying, reading water, and water safety.
- Morning and evening fly fishing activities on Nisqually Pond and Deschutes River.
- On-the-water aquatic macro invertebrate sampling activity.
- Career discovery opportunities.
- Faculty and staff include wildlife resource professionals, northwest fly fishing and fly tying professionals and enthusiasts, and local fishing club volunteers.
Cost, including food and lodging: $300
Applications for the 2017 Academy must be received by April 15, 2017.
The number of attendees is limited