The 2016 application period is now Closed.
Acceptance notifications will be sent out by May 10, 2016.
The Academy will be the last week of June, (19-25).
- Co-educational, ages 12 – 16.
- Curriculum focuses on conservation, natural resource stewardship, and fly fishing essentials.
- Fly fishing classes include fly casting, fly tying, knot tying, reading water, and water safety.
- Morning and evening fly fishing activities on Nisqually Pond and Deschutes River.
- On-the-water aquatic macro invertebrate sampling activity.
- Career discovery opportunities.
- Faculty and staff include wildlife resource professionals, northwest fly fishing and fly tying professionals and enthusiasts, and local fishing club volunteers.
Cost, including food and lodging: $300
Applications for the 2016 Academy must be received by April 15, 2016.
The number of attendees is limited